Friday, September 17, 2010

Where would I find..?

A power convertor for my LG monitor?

The power convetor is the circuit board inside the monitor that converts power from 240v down to the monitors running voltage of 12v.

There is power going through the board but no power coming out.



Thanks


Answer:

I get mine at RadioShack. You can get them at a store or online. You would necessitate an *inverter* not a *converter*. Your monitor requires an AC/DC (alternate current/direct current) cord. I don't know what the monitor runs in voltage, but I do know that I can run my 350W inverter bad my car freestyle with no problems.
Hiya dizzzzie01,



Your description tell me that you have a slightly elder LCD with an electrical cord from the wall to the monitor and the AC to DC conversion is internal; yes? no?



You describe a 240 Volt AC power source which would put your geographic location on an island country or within the middle east; yes? no?



You probably will NOT easily find the unproved internal converter for that monitor. You could purchase and external high wattage 240 ac to 12 dc converter and rope it into the board. If you do this make sure the power output within watts is correct or the results could be disastrous.



Kuwait is one of the few countries that uses the 240 Volt AC electrical standard and is not an island nation. Here is the LG service station information with phone number for Kuwait. They would be capable of advise where on earth to get the member to solve your issue.

http://kw.lgservice.com/index_b2c.jsp...



GOOD LUCK!!


No comments:

Post a Comment